The Joe Morrall Award 2018
The Royal Aeronautical Society Boscombe Down Branch would like to invite all young people to take part in the 2018 Joe Morrall Young Members Award competition. The competition was launched at Boscombe Down in 2010, and is open to all engineers under the age of 30 in the local area (you do not need to be a member of the Boscombe Down branch). The award is named in memory of Joe Morrall, who enjoyed a long and distinguished career at MoD Boscombe Down.
This is a prestigious award, recognised by both the Boscombe Down branch as well as members of the senior leadership team within QinetiQ, some of whom will be present on the day, and is therefore an invaluable to develop your communication skills and to win some great prizes. The winners of the competition will also be put forward for the Royal Aeronautical Society’s N E Rowe award, awarded for the best lecture given before any Branch of the Society.
Entrants to the competition will be judged on a short technical presentation (20 mins) given at a Branch lunchtime lecture on (Date TBC). The presentations can be devoted to any aspect of aeronautics, space and associated topics, followed by a discussion at which a panel of assessors will be present.
Participants will benefit from:
- Developing presentation skills with a knowledgeable yet sympathetic audience
- Receiving feedback and coaching on presentation techniques from mentors and an experienced panel of judges
- Gaining relevant and accountable IPD experience
- An excellent opportunity to network with senior Branch members and members of the QinetiQ leadership team
- The potential of going on to take part the national N E Rowe award held in London
- Most importantly the opportunity to win a tablet computer!
Prospective participants should ideally indicate their interest ASAP by getting in touch with Branch Chairman Richard Bentley by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (807 2906).
Following this, a short abstract and scope, including the presentation title, must be submitted by (Date TBC).
The final presentations will take place on (Date TBC), with the winners announced and prizes awarded on the day. To note, all are invited to come along to the final presentations and support the finalists.
Details of Joe Morrall and his involvement with the Boscombe Branch can be found here.